That’s Keeping You Stuck in Chaos!
Do you lay in bed at night and your mind spins thinking about all the things you have to do and perhaps didn’t accomplish today?
Mamas, I have to tell you the more organized you are the less hectic your life will be. But, you already know that, don’t you?
I am here to share with you my top tip on how I, a mother, wife, teacher, professor, coach to mamas, and health and wellness coach keep all my shit together and my sanity in check.
If you’ve ever seen the movie UP you are familiar with the dog named Doug when he is in mid sentence and then he yells, “SQUIRREL” and instantly he is distracted.
Well, never fear mama, I have what your to do list is missing and why you need to kick it up a notch and get organized and less stressed once and for all.
To do lists are great, but they are never ending and sometimes never get done. Agree?
Or better yet, you write things down on a list and then can’t find the damn thing! Relate?
Until you can take off on a Caribbean cruise in order to de-stress (more on that in this blog post Why Cruising is a Great Family Vacation) let’s get our everyday routine down pat and under control.
You have the same amount of hours in a day as everyone else who is out there crushing life and living their dreams.
So why not you? It’s simply about implementing a new routine.
Use this suggestion and chaos and disorder will be a thing of the past.For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned.” Benjamin Franklin Click To Tweet
THE DUMP LIST:
- Find a journal or note-pad
- Place this next to your bedside table (notice it’s not technology in your bedroom which is a huge no-no!)
- Before you go to bed each night take 5-10 minutes to ‘dump’ everything out of your mind onto the pages. Things you have to do, things you have to buy, places you have to go, etc.
- Circle/Star/Highlight the things you have to do the next day that are time sensitive and must be completed first. Try to limit this to 3 if you can.
- Keep this list up and running and add to it daily.
- The reason we do this every night is because we want to clear our mind from the mundane lists of things to do as well as get our minds into our sleep state.
Be sure to do the top 3 things of the next day and then place what can wait into your planner.
Need to incorporate the Dump List and your To Do lists into a planner properly? Then click here to get my entire how to and save your damn sanity mama!
Be sure that when you have completed something on your list that you cross it off your list. There is something very psychologically pleasing to your mind when you cross off tasks that have been completed.
You will also notice that not only will you begin to get shit done, you will have better sleeps and less stress when it comes to doing all things mama.
My Question to You Is:
What planner do you use? Tell me how you progress by incorporating your Dump List with your fave planner. Let me know in the comments below.